PRIMANIMA is a festival, that is exclusively dedicated to up-and-coming animation artists from all over the world! PRIMANIMA will take place for the 9th time in the town of Budaörs (in the suburbs of Budapest, Hungary) from the 19th to 31st of October.
The competition programme of PRIMANIMA is divided between:
– WORKSHOP AND STUDENT WORKS (stuff you make during your studies or at animation workshops)
– DIPLOMA FILMS (the film you finish your academic studies with)
– DÉBUT ANIMATIONS (your first film
– FILMS FOR CHILDREN (any animated short film made for children if it falls in any of the above categories, or it is made by an up-and-coming director under the age of 40)
– FILMS FOR TEENS (films suitable for teenagers (aged 12-18) any animated short film made for children if it falls in any of the above categories, or it is made by an up-and-coming director under the age of 40)
Due to the COVID19 pandemic, like many festivals, we also need to take into account the possible second wave of the virus, therefore to adapt to the changing environment around film festivals, international travel, etc. We are opening the call for entries in hope to select great short films to present to our audiences, but we have changed some aspects of the regulations, in order to provide us with some flexibility, so that Primanima could take place in uncertain circumstances as well and we could rethink and rescale the festival. In all cases, we would like to support young authors and our audiences.